Hi, there~! 😄
This is Carson.Chen, a full-stack / software engineer.
Let me help you build your next product.
I design, build, test & operate full-stack applications.
I also do a little bit of mobile development & machine learning.
Contact me: email@example.com
Educational && Professional
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Master of Science in Information Technology 2017 - 2018
- University of Miami
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science 2010 - 2015
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics 2010 - 2015
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Full Stack Software Engineer 2015 - 2017
- University of Miami
- Research Assistant 2014 - 2015
- Software Engineer Intern 2014 - 2015
Some of my work
- Petco mobile platform design 2018
- Web page design for Giant Eagle 2018
- Port Authority of Allegheny County (PAAC) mobile application 2018
- Carnegie Financial Service Fund Trading System 2018
- PRISM 2.0 2015 - 2017
- Cloud-based automatic food assessment system 2017
- UPMC Online Pharmacy Development 2017
- ionic2-lock-screen 2016
- ion-google-place 2015
Personalized Reminder Information and Social Management System
PRISM 2.0 is demanding to bring social connectivity, memory, knowledge and resource to the older adults. It is aiming to assist the older people to live an easier and better life by building the connections between the world and them via their mobile devices.
- Sketched out UI prototype using Sketch, elicited requirements from interviews and feedback
- Designed, developed and published a bilingual Android application using Ionic for older adults; increased key functions from 7 to 13; deployed the application to 300 tablets via AirWatch
- Designed and developed a Django-based RESTFul web service that provides customized contents; developed automatic data collection system and reduced missing data from 1.5% in PRISM 1.0 to 0%
- Led a team of 5 and coached team members in project development; communicated effectively with principal investigators and team members from University of Miami, Florida State University, Georgia Institute of Technology, and AT&T; briefed team on project statuses and results; planned and dispensed detailed implementation methods and reports;
- Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coaum.prism2&hl=en
Cloud-based automatic food assessment system
- Constructed and developed an automatic food recognition and scoring system on Amazon Lambda platform that is triggered by uploading food pictures onto Amazon S3 buckets that are associated with Amazon Simple Notification Service
- Adapted parallel image processing techniques with Amazon Rekognition Service, Azure Computer Vision and Google Vision
- Applied noisy data handling techniques and Natural Language Processing(NLP) techniques onto the labels that are generated by the image processing engines
- Designed and attained a complex food scoring algorithm by passing food-related labels to the USDA food composition database and calculate the score based on the nutrients
- Implemented a dashboard to demonstrate the health status of the user by analyzing the scoring data in the Amazon DynamoDB and plotting the diagrams
UPMC Online Pharmacy Development
- Conducted a contextual inquiry to gather usability perspective of online pharmacy users from two different age range (21-35, and 50+) and introduced EyeTribe and Tobii eye tracker to study the behavior of how users browse online pharmacy websites like CVS and Giant Eagle based on the gaze and mouse data.
- Designed a user interface based on the study result from the contextual inquiries and developed an online pharmacy prototype for UPMC.
- Revised and integrated the prototype based on heuristic analysis and user test reports.
Carnegie Financial Service Fund Trading System
- Developed a fully functioned fund trading system for both customer and employee using JEE, Tomcat in two weeks.
- Upgraded the stateful system into a RESTFul web service using Restlet framework
- Improved security by switching from session-based authentication to token-based authentication by adapting Json Web Token techniques
- Improved availability and scalability by deploying the system onto Amazon Web Service
- Ensured the system to be performant and resilient under high load (1277 rps) using Artillery testing toolkit
Port Authority of Allegheny County (PAAC) mobile application
- Conducted survey with 40 bus riders to elicit requirements
- Sketched out UI/UX prototypes for iOS, Android and WatchOS platforms
- Designed and developed a PAAC application for both iOS and Android platforms in 3 days
- Performed cost estimations and usability survey with 21 users to summarize recommendations for future development
Best practice discovery on UI/UX design to comply with HIPAA, OECD & GDPR for Giant Eagle web pages
- Studied the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), OECD (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development) and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) policies and regulations
- Elicited system requirements that comply with the above privacy policies and regulations
- Designed and developed three web pages using Microsoft Fluent Design language.
- Performed de-identification process on user data
- Wine Tasting
- AngularJS 1&2+
- Ionic 1&2+
- Cloud computing
Yep, that's not only my favorite programming language,
it's also my cat's name.
A 1-yr old cute bengal cat